Monday, January 12, 2009

Introductions

Hello -

I am writing this blog for several reasons.

  1. To clarify and refine some of my thinking by putting pen to paper.
  2. To educate folks unfamiliar with the topic of homeland security risk management (it is still a developing field and not a ton has been written about it).
  3. To (hopefully) engage with other folks interested in this topic via the comments section of this blog.
I am currently an official with the US Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and have held a variety of positions within the Department. For security reasons I will not be discussing specific homeland security risks or the results of any specific risk assessments. Instead, I will focus this blog on methodological discussions associated with homeland security risk analysis and management. This is public information that can be obtained by attending homeland security forums and conferences. I am not blogging on behalf of DHS and these thoughts represent only my own opinions.

No comments:

Post a Comment